U.S. Distinguished Chair and Scholar Award
EXTERNAL – The Australian-American Fulbright Commission offers Scholarships to American citizens across all career stages. Awardees take part in a bi-lateral academic and cultural exchange, pursuing research or study at an Australian institution, experiencing life in Australia, and bringing back their knowledge and experience to share with their communities in the U.S.
Applicants meet the citizenship requirements for Fulbright awards if they:
- are a U.S citizen
- are not a permanent resident or citizen of Australia;
- are not currently living in Australia
- not hold dual U.S.-Australian citizenship OR Australian permanent residency
- meet all Australia government immigration requirements to obtain a Temporary Wok International Relations (subclass 403). Please note that it is a condition of the 403 visa that holders cannot receive any remuneration from any other Australian sources during their program. This includes undertaking any paid work, receiving honorariums and more.
To qualify for a Fulbright scholarships through the Australian Fulbright program, you must:
- be prepared to commence your program the following Australian academic year e.g. apply in 2019 to start in January/February 2021
- not already hold another major scholarship or funding source for the period/project you plan to undertake on your Fulbright program but may continue to receive their regular salary. Recipients of additional grants or funding sources should contact the Commission prior to application.
- have obtained an invitation letter from the proposed host (which is to be included in your application)
- The suggested External Opportunities on this site are provided for informational purposes only.
- Inclusion in the listing does not constitute an endorsement by CSU, Long Beach.
CSU, Long Beach cannot guarantee the accuracy or the timelines of information found at any of the links in the listing. It is critical that you verify the scholarship information, particularly where deadlines are concerned.