The Loyd and Ginnie Wilcox Mathematics Teaching Preparation Scholarship
The Loyd and Ginnie Wilcox Mathematics Teaching Preparation Scholarship will award one $6,650 scholarship to a Junior of Senior mathematics major who plans to pursue a single subject credential in mathematics. Loyd Wilcox is an alumnus of the CSULB Mathematics Program (B.S. 1959, M.A. 1960) and taught Mathematics for many years at Goldenwest College, retiring as Chair of the department. Loyd and his wife, Ginnie, support CSULB math majors with a demonstrated passion both for mathematics and for teaching in a secondary setting.
- Undergraduates pursuing a B.S. Mathematics Degree (Mathematics Education Option)
- Juniors or Seniors
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 who are performing at a high level in their math courses
- Demonstrated passion for mathematics and for teaching secondary mathematics
- Demonstrated financial need
- Preference will be given to students from one-parent households